Where should I exchange money?
Here are some quick suggestions!
- DO NOT exchange anywhere else except in Nepal. You will not get a good rate, and in any case, in most countries, its not available
- When you arrive into Nepal, you can use an ATM to draw some money at the airport or use the Exchange Counters. These are all legit!
- If you are being collected by a socialtours transfer, you do not even have to do that. You can exchange at your hotel (slightly bad exchange rate) or at a local exchange counter or use the many ATM machines around
- Keep your cash for emergencies, and use ATMs whereever possible. Ask your agent, or hotel for suggestions about where best to do it.
- Using ATMs in Nepal is safe! However, check with your bank if the ATM has not been blocked for certain countries!
- Travel Diaries
- Travel Essentials
- Our Efforts
- Good To Know
- Booking: The Process